Umoja is a community of educators and learners committed to the academic success, personal growth and self-actualization of African American and other students. The Umoja Community seeks to educate the whole student–body, mind and spirit. Informed by an ethic of love and its vital power, the Umoja Community will deliberately engage students as full participants in the construction of knowledge and critical thought. The Umoja Community seeks to help students experience themselves as valuable and worthy of an education.
Umoja Community is currently seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk to help us up to 20 hours a week as we strive to meet our mission. The Accounting Clerk reports to the Office Manager.Umoja Community is currently seeking a part-time Accounting Clerk to help us up to 20 hours a week as we strive to meet our mission. The Accounting Clerk reports to the Office Manager.
- Data entry of debit, credit, and other transactions using QuickBooks
- Generate invoices and track outstanding balances
- Receive and record cash, checks and vouchers
- Produce reports, such as balance sheets, income statements, and totals by account
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports
- Reconcile or note and report any differences they find in the records
- Work with third party accounting firm who audits and reconciles financial records
- Ability to work independently and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and provide a high level of customer service
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Willingness to work enthusiastically and patiently within fast-paced environment
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects
- Associate’s degree (AA/AS) or equivalent
- Three years’ experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of billing software such as Bill.com
Sick time is the only benefit provided for this part-time job.